These cookies are really easy to make and are a good option as a healthy sweet snack. It is one of my favorites recipes for cookie swaps, a housewarming treat for friends or to make your house to smell like heaven.
A good way to personalize and/or enhance the taste of this recipe is by adding/substituting a particular ingredient. Depending on the day, I use less sugar than recommended below. I have also prepared it varying the flavor profile by substituting and/or adding a different flavoring agent such as cinnamon, or finely grated orange or lemon rind (similar amount as the vanilla extract). My next trial will be the inclusion of cacao powder and cacao nibs.
- 1 egg white
- ¼ cup sugar
- ¼ tsp vanilla extact
- 1 ½ cups sliced almonds
- Preheat oven to 350°F or 180°C
- In a bowl, mix well the egg white with sugar and your flavouring agent
- Add the almonds and mix well ensuring all the slices have been covered
- Place a small mound of this mixture on a parchment lined baking sheet by using a small cookie scoop or a with a spoon
- Bake for about 15 to 20 minutes or until lightly golden
Learn more about the healthy benefits of almonds