Mango Chia Pudding
There are so many chia seeds pudding recipes online. Yes, this is another one, but it is so yummy, filling and healthy that I could not stop myself from sharing it. I often have it as an afternoon snack but it can easily make part of a healthy breakfast.
Once you get the ratio of chia seeds to liquid right, you can customize this recipe to your taste using your favorite fruits. The possibilities are endless… I have prepared chia pudding with berries, peaches, and cacao.
If you prefer a smoother version you can blend the chia seeds with the mango, but the unblended version is surprisingly delicious and visually interesting.
- 2 cups fresh mango cut in cubes
- 1 ¼ cups almond, coconut or hemp milk
- 2 Tbsp of honey (or a sweetener of your choice)
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- ⅓ cup chia seeds
- Blend the mango with all wet ingredients until creamy.
- Pour the mixture into a serving container and add the chia seeds. Mix well.
- Refrigerate for 2 to 4 hours or until it has achieved a pudding like consistency. Serve chilled.
For an extra mango flavor and visual interest, alternate layers of the mango chia pudding with a mango sauce into a serving dish.
Do you know the benefits of chia and mango for your health. Check it out!