Rosemary roasted almonds
Almonds are an energy dense food, packed with good nutrients but also calories. This almonds are great as a afternoon snack but hey need to be eaten instead of another snack, not in addition to it. As an added bonus, almonds do not seem to contribute to increased weight gain as they promote satiety. To stick to the recommended serving size, portion out your almonds in small containers or plastic bags, or place them on a small dish prior eating.
- 1 tbsp of finely chopped fresh rosemary
- 1 tbsp of extra virgin olive oil
- ¾ tsp of kosher salt
- 1 tsp of chili powder or hot paprika
- dash of ground pepper
- 2 cups of unbleached raw almonds
- Preheat oven to 325°F or 165°C
- Combine all ingredients in a bowl and toss to coat.
- Arrange the nut mixture in a single layer on a baking sheet lined with foil or parchment paper.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until lightly toasted.
- Cool at room temperature.
- Store at room temperature in an airtight container.